Car Won T Start After Sitting for a Few Days

If you notice an excessive about of current flowing throughwhich is about 2 amps then you have a problem in that. If I let it sit for a few days it is really hard to start.


Pin On Automotive

What is the Build Date on the sticker in the drivers door opening.

. 07-19-2006 0924 PM. Everything that you described makes it clear that the battery is extremely weak. Netizens My 1990 Honda Prelude with the 2005 Sears Diehard Gold battery wouldnt start after sitting for 3 weeks.

Your whole electrical system needs to be checked out carefully. I have to push the accelerator pedal right after turning the key to get it started. If the car was sitting on the lot being moved around for a minute at a time or was in stock for a long period before purchase the battery may be weak.

After a long time sitting a battery will lose its charge and youll be left with no juice to power the car. 5 Sep 27 2021. With the amp meter handy take out one fuse and connect the amp meter into the terminal where that fuse is located.

I was told my battery was fine and they could not see any problems with it. Start car and let run to recharge battery 2. I can try cranking it for.

If the vehicle is left to sit for two days without being charged properly and it once again does not start he is right back to square number one. Well unfortunately this could mean a damaged alternator. It is possible that he has a parasitic drain issue but he has not confirmed that the battery and charging system are.

Have you attempted to turn the key to the On position for a few seconds before you crank it over. If it is 0 degrees outside the answer will probably be yes. 2003 chevy tahoe wont start if it has been sitting for a few days.

I used to put a little fuel in the carburetor throat and get it going that way. If theres a solution short of using an electric fuel pump I. Symptoms of Damaged Alternator.

Now recently a second time. Same thing after 10. You will hear the compression go back up replace fuse and start.

As a temporary measure you could install a battery kill switch but such a switch will disable your alarm and may cause loss of stored data in the PCM. Up to 8 cash back The first is likely a battery or a starter issue. This is their nature I havent seen one yet that didnt have that issue I love the carbs and just deal with it.

First time I was told the battery was the problem so I got a jump and then took it into Honda Service Center. If you do not fix the alternator this means your car wont start then starts next day. If the battery is fully charged and good based on a load test and it still wont crank reliably next on the list of culprits is the starter motor.

Up to 8 cash back You may have excess current being drawn somewhere in a circuit while the car is not running. An electric fuel pump would eliminate excessive cranking. However if I drive it around 30 mins stop the engine and then try to start it again it almost doesnt start at all.

Check it again a week later. A faulty starter motor can definitely cause this symptom. If you are experiencing this after a week of not starting the car there is NO problem wit the carb.

My ammeter shows that at idle the alternator is supplying 7 amps of current to the battery so I dont think I have an alternator problem. Do you still have the same amount of gas in the platter. Pour a couple of ounces of gas into a platter and leave it sitting out.

I presume you mean by not start that it doesnt crank you dont hear that rrr rr rr sound wthe key in start. Start here when youre attempting your. For the second time my CR-V 2020 want start after sitting 10 days.

UnsiezeReplace the brakes very common for them to rust solid. After letting it sit. It will start fine if it has been running the same day otherwise it takes over 10 tries.

Most likely you are referring to the second option. 2 if you dont drive for a few days or longer its ALWAYS a good idea to pull the ECU fuse from under the hood crank it for about 20 sec. Now if it happens I fill the float bowl through the vents on the top of the carb.

If I start it in the morning -- no one has used it for about 12 hours -- the car starts perfectly with a smooth key turn. It should draw little to no amps. If the vehicle cranks without starting then you have a fuel or spark issue.

Before you attempt to jump-start your vehicle though remove the battery cables and check the battery terminals are clean and clear of debris and corrosion. Jumping it got it going right away. The only solution to this is to fix or replace the alternator.

The car wont be able to start if the alternator cant provide enough voltage output necessary. After sitting for a few months your battery like most batteries would be at that point has enough power left in it to take care of the low electrical-draw accessories but not enough to turn the starter over fast enough to start the engine. You record of Honda Roadside Assistance help should be proof that investigation is needed.

Joliet Jake Apr 10 2009. With all due respect to you garage you COULD have a faulty starter with a flat spot. Lots of things can happen to a car thats just been sitting for a long time before you drive it any where be prepared to.

3of course make sure your oil is never to low Good to know. But I drove the car for a few miles after jumpstarting it. This allows it to start sometimes and sometimes not.

If your car wont restart there could be a problem with the battery or your vehicles electrical system that could leave you stranded if its not remedied. If they sit for more than say five days or more it takes about 15-20 seconds of cranking for the fuel to fill the bowls and finally start. Turn everything onoff and then shut the car off 3.

Change the Brake Fluid and Clutch Fluid if it has one. When you rocked the car you moved the flywheel just enought to allow the starter to make proper contact. A mechanic would use an ammeter to probe various circuits to isolate the problem.

When it has been sitting for a couple of days and I crank it for 1 second I let off the starter out of habit it seems to fire on a couple of cylinders but thats it its like I almost cranked it long enough but not quite. Drain all the gas out and refill it with freash fuel.


Coast Pine Sitting In The Car In The Rain After The Beach Beach Rain Rain Car Guy Best Friend


How To Fix A Car Door That Won T Open From The Inside Motor Hills In 2022 Car Door Electric Car Charger Car


Lamborghini Doesnt Have Any Commercials Because Their Target Audience Isnt Sitting Around Watching Tv Double Tap If You Agree Tag Your Friends Affiliation

Comments